BC Registered Massage Therapists (RMTs) are among the most educated and highly trained professionals in the world. By using a variety of manual techniques, hydrotherapy, and therapeutic exercises, your RMT can provide you with assessment, treatment, and prevention of soft tissue and joint disorders for rehabilitation, pain relief and preventative care.
Over the past decade, there has been a significant rise in the demand for massage therapy in BC. This can be attributed to higher educational standards, research studies showing the efficacy of massage therapy, and an overall increase in public demand for non-surgical and drug-free treatment options.
~Massage Therapists Association of BC
Regular massage has been found to have an invigorating effect on both the body and mind. Here is a list of reasons why YOU should consider massage as a part of your regular health routine:
Physical Benefits* – Helps relieve stress and aids relaxation
- Helps relieve muscle tension and stiffness
- Alleviates discomfort during pregnancy
- Fosters faster healing of strained muscles and sprained ligaments; reduces pain and swelling; reduces formation of excessive scar tissue
- Reduces muscle spasms
- Provides greater joint flexibility and range of motion
- Enhances athletic performance
- Promotes deeper and easier breathing
- Improves circulation of blood and movement of lymph fluids
- Reduces blood pressure
- Helps relieve tension-related headaches and effects of eye-strain
- Enhances the health and nourishment of skin
- Improves posture
- Strengthens the immune system
- Treats musculoskeletal problems
- Rehabilitation post operative
- Rehabilitation after injury
Mental Benefits* – Fosters peace of mind
- Promotes a relaxed state of mental alertness
- Helps relieve mental stress
- Improves ability to monitor stress signals and respond appropriately
- Enhances capacity for calm thinking and creativity
- Emotional Benefits
- Satisfies needs for caring nurturing touch
- Fosters a feeling of well-being
- Reduces levels of anxiety
- Creates body awareness * Source of this list: American Massage Therapist Association
Massage recipients enjoy a significant decrease in anxiety and stress levels as well as increased blood flow and possibly even a more effective immune system. While it does not replace physical activity or increase muscle strength, it can be used to stimulate weakened muscles, such as we might experience after surgery or long periods of inactivity, so that we can safely begin to enjoy an active life again. It speeds up muscular recovery after exercise too, allowing us to see the results of our physical workouts more quickly.
As we age, it’s important to pay special attention to our health and well-being. For this reason, treating ourselves to regular massage might be considered just as important as watching what we eat and getting regular exercise.
Pure Scents Massage Therapy offers you a full menu of massage choices to suit your lifestyle and budget. Our mobile massage services include Registered Massage Therapy or Spa Practitioners for On-Site Chair Massage for your next golf tournament or special event, or Corporate On-Site Chair Massage for your workplace or business. Please Contact Us to discuss Home and Hospital visits for Registered Massage Therapy services, pricing and availability in your area.
Is Massage For You?
There are some medical conditions that are not conducive to massage and may not be appropriate unless under a medical practitioners supervision. These conditions may include some cardiovascular conditions, heart disease, fever or infections, thrombosis, phlebitis, cancer and edema.